I’ve recently made some modifications to my Wilesco D405 Traktor and the pictures below show the results of it.
The first thing I did was remove the canopy from the Traktor to give it a more “tractor-like” look, and then out came the paints and I started tweaking the colour scheme a little bit.
Just a dab…
The major parts I painted are listed below:
- Boiler end-cap
- Front beam axle
- Smoke stack
- Cylinder end-caps
- Steam inlet pipe (painted black to preserve heat and hopefully increase steam efficiency)
There were a few other bits which I chose to touch-up a little, but the above list is most of it. I’ll let the pics below do the rest of the talking. Enjoy!
P.S. Stay tuned for some videos of it in action soon!
P.P.S. The rubber tyres you see fitted around the wheels of my Traktor were purchased from Forest Classics. Check them out here: http://www.forest-classics.co.uk/